Sunday, November 2, 2008

Hawaii Dance

I went to kumamoto festival,international food here, activity and show.Of course I met Thai people here,I have just known many Thai people in Kumamoto because she is the first person who I speak Thai!!.On the stage I saw Hawaii Dance from Japanese I felt surprise because about 20 japanese in every age the youngest is only 7 years old.And they did a good job.I do not think Hawaii dance is popular in Japan.But I have saw the poster of Japanese film,Hula Hula girls.May be because Kumamoto is close to the USA army in WWII.But I curious is Hawaii Dance popular in other parts of Japan like Oita,Tokyo,Kyoto etc.Only curious.

1 comment:

KMCheese said...

I think that Japanese people have been interested in Hawaiian culture for many years -- perhaps since the end of WWII. Hawaii is a popular tourist destination for Japanese people. Though I have not been there myself, a fourth year student of mine just came back from a trip to Hawaii and said that she was surprised by how many people she met who could speak Japanese. If more Japanese people traveled to Thai, perhaps it would be more common for Japanese people to learn Thai dance. I know that some Japanese people are very interested in Thai dance, though perhaps not quite as many as have learned a little Hawaiian dance.